We are going to see 10 curiosities on the English: All we know that the English is one of the most important Earth languages. It is the official language don't mention it more and nothing less than¦
To what you do not guess of how many countries? Sixty seven state countries and twenty-seven organizations.
In order to hallucinate. The language English, aside from having an enriching history and an exquisite grammar (and sometimes odious), also has its crazier and funny side: its peculiarities.
It takes to a pencil and a notebook because certainly you do not know these:
10 peculiar data on the English¦ Go!
- To what you do not know which is the etymological meaning of the name of Great Britain? Etymological it means: The great land of the tattooed one. To what you did not wait for it to you?
- You knew that go (we go) it is the grammarly shorter correct phrase of the English language? So if you do not know how to begin a conversation¦ Before the doubt I gave: GO! (It is joke).
- Which is the effective older English word at present? It is going to seem of joke but town is the word, city. We imagined others but, it is city.
- I do not know you but I agree in the theory that like (as) and basically (basically) is the words more used to fill up spaces when one speaks. They are phrases and we would have to avoid them. Have presents it.
- If you want to dedicate you to music you will have of knowledge that the words: month (month), orange (orange), to silver (silver) and purple (dwelled) they do not rhyme with any word. Peculiar, hey?
- I challenge to you. How many words you think that they are added to the year to the dictionary? I believe that you are not going it to never guess because he is quite complicated¦ The result is some 4,000 words. What few!
- This curiosity is of which they chiflan to me more¦ The English language is one of most positive of the world. And, you know why? There is a study that demonstrates that usually we use three times plus the word happy (happy), that its antonym: sad (sad). Brilliant.
- You know some tongue-twister in English? I must admit that it just a little bit cost to say it to me¦ To see as you you grasp them: Peter Piper picked to peck of pickled peppers. To peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked to peck of pickled peppers, Where s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked? . Difficult, truth?
- It comes, a little culture. What dramatist was who invented the word blushing (made blush)? Tic TAC¦ Shakespeare! It was who created words as birthplace (birthplace), undress (to undress), tortures (he tortures)¦
- And finally, To what you do not know what expression was admitted and added recently in Oxford English Dictionary? It is going to you to seem incredible but it is the acronym of Laughing Out Loud, that is to say, LOL. That I say, lol.
What has seemed to you? You have remained with desire of more and you know it. If it is thus, I give him likes or comp¡rtelo with your friendly. Next we will make another listing of curiosities. Bye, cool people!