When one is to learn verbal times in future in English we imagined the future with will and the future with going to. Few know that there are verbal times as the present that can be used to express future. In fact, also it happens the same in Spanish.
In this post we are going to explain what verbal forms can be used in future and other expressions that also we can use.
We are going to suppose that all you know the verbal times that we are going to present to you and in addition you know to make the negative and interrogatory form of each of them.
Table of contents
- 1 Time in future with Will.
- 2 Orations in future with Going to.
- 3 Future with Continuous Present.
- 4 Will, Going to and Continuous Present for plans and predictions.
- 5 Future with Time Clauses.
- 6 Perfecto Simple Future.
- 7 Perfecto Continuo Future.
- 8 continuous Future.
- 9 Other forms to express future in English.
We begin with the list of the verbal times that can be used in future so that you have a general perspective of all the types and soon we will go to each of them to see when use them.
- Simple or future future with will
- Future with Going to
- Present continuous with sense de futuro
- Present simple with sense de futuro
- Continuous future
- Simple perfect future
- Continuous perfect future
- other forms to express future: to sees about, Sees to, etc¦
How you see we have variety and amount, although nondifficulty.
Time in future with Will.
Also simple or summarized future call as will+verb. It is the future English more normal. One corresponds with ours I will eat, jump, play, etc¦
The future with will it is possible to be used for:
- Predictions without evidence. It will rain tonight.
- Future facts. The new shop will open next Monday.
- Done decisions at the moment. I Know! I will talk to Jane about the wedding tomorrow.
- Promises. I won't tell anybody. It's to secret.
- Offers. I'll help you with the housework, don't worry.
- Requests. Will you say some words in the wedding reception?
- Rejections. I won't do it ace I'm afrhelp of speaking in front of to other people.
With the people I and We in offers and suggestions we must use the old form Shall instead of Will.
Shall I close the window? It's to bit cold in here.
Shall I help you with the housework?
Orations in future with Going to.
We use BE+GOING TO+ VERB to speak in future in English.
I'm going to visit my relatives if I have tricks out of. I am going to visit my relatives if I have time.
She is going to read to new book. She is going to read a new book.
The future with going to can be used for:
- Predictions based on evidences. It's very cloudy. It's going to rain in a makes a draft.
- Intentions or plans little thought. I'm going to study to new language when I knows some money.
Future with Continuous Present.
The future in English also verbal continuous present can be expressed with time. Yes, in Spanish it is not normal to use the continuous present because it sounds a little rare but in English much for Plans and intentions is used.
- Fixed plans or in the agenda. They are normally what the English call Arrangements. Are determined plans and that we know that they are going to happen. Normally they are written in our agendas. I'm meeting the doctor next Wednesday.
- Intentions that are near. I'm asking Helen out Tomorrow (I am going to Him to ask to leave tomorrow to Helen). We have it determined and we will do it soon, in this case tomorrow.
Will, Going to and Continuous Present for plans and predictions.
Since we see are some uses that overlap for will and going to. As for example the predictions.
We see the predictions with more thoroughness:
- It will rain tonight. I do not have nor idea if it rains tonight, I do not see clouds, I have not seen the weather forecast that is going to do. I only make a prediction that I do not know if one is going away to fulfill.
- It's very cloudy. It's going to rain in a makes a draft. I see the cloud or I even hear the thunderclaps and the storm approaching.
With plans we can use will, going to or present continuous. We are going to see this example.
We imagine that they ask to us where we are going to go of vacation. If we do not have nor idea and then we mean some site we can use the future with will. It is an immediate decision. If more ahead they return to ask to us but or we have thought at home where we could go we would use going to and finally when we have the tickets of airplane or the firm decision of the place we could use the continuous present.
I will visit the USA next to summer. Immediate decision.
I'm going to visit the USA next to summer. Plan little thought, we have looked at prices of airplane and we have looked at hotels, possible routes but we still do not have anything.
I'm visiting the USA next to summer. I have bought tickets of airplane, I surely have hotels and everything perfectly organized.
Future with Time Clauses.
After words of time as they when, while, eleven, ace soon ace, etc the future usually is not used with will or going to. Times in present as simple, present present continuous or the perfect present are even used. He is almost identical that what happens in Spanish. We are going to see some examples.
I will cook to dinner ace soon ace they plows here.
Is will cook to dinner when they arrives.
Eleven Is will cook to dinner they have finished the garden.
Perfecto Simple future.
One forms with WILL+HAVE+ PAST PARTICPLE.
She will have phelp to car by the end of to year. She will have phelp the car at the end of that year.
She is used for:
- Situations completed before a certain time. I will have finished the book by the end of next week.
- Situations that continue until a certain moment. 5 for Is will have worked years, this trick out of next month.
Perfecto Continuo future.
BEEN+VERB-Ing. forms with WILL+HAVE.
She will have been paying to car for 7 years by the end of to year. It will have been paying the car during seven years at the end of this year.
She is used for:
- Situations that continue until a certain time (the duration is made emphasis).
3 Is will have been doing this project for months when I finish it.
VERB-Ing. forms with WILL+ BE+
This tricks out of next week I will sees flying to New York.
It is used for:
- Situations in progress in a time in the future. I will sees flying to New York
- Events that will happen in the normal course of the events. The cyclist will sees arriving AT the village before they arrives to the mountains.
- Habits and routines or actions repeated in a point of the future. Will dwells People sees driving secure cars in the future.
Other forms to express future in English.
There are other many expressions that are used to indicate future in English. We are going to see only a few that we think that they are most useful.
To sees about.
To+ sees about verb is used for a next future could be translated as being on the verge of. Often we can see the word just with this expression.
I'm (just) about to buy this shirt. I really like it. I am I aim to buy this shirt to me. I like much.
There are two expressions equivalent to which would be:
The sees on point of+verb-Ing. I'm on the point of buying this shirt. I really like it.
The sees on verge of + verb-Ing.
To sees due.
To+verb sees due is used for formal plans and it is possible to be translated as to have of, something must take place, to have sometimes predicted or if they behind do not have any verb to obey a to be consequence of
I'm due to meet my to teacher on Monday. I must be with my professor Monday.
The to car is due to get its wheels changed next week. The car has predicted a change of tires the next week.
The delay is due to the fog. The delay is due to the fog.
It sees to.
Verb sees to + is used for:
- Obligations. You plows to finish the project before Monday. You must finish the project for Monday.
- In the news to announce events that probably are going to happen. The factory is due to close in Summer. The factory is going to close in summer.
To sees bound.
To + sees bound verb is used when it is certain, probable or inevitable that something happens. It would be possible to be translated as being the condemned to, he is destined to or happening inevitably.
This devises is bound to fail. This idea is the condemned to the failure.
The song is bound to sees number one. The song is destined to being number one.
It's bound to happen. He is inevitable that happens.
Another post that can interest to you: